My Stories

I write adventures for those in search of a good story. My novels fall in the Fantasy genre, but many people consider them Sci-fi too. Each story is written with what I look for when I read a book: action, adventure, twists and turns, love, heroes, vicious enemies, fighting (weapons and hand to hand combat). I write because I want to share the stories that are inside of me. I hope you enjoy the adventures as much as I love writing them!

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Writing

So for my timeline, I have put out four books in under a year with another I'm hoping to have finished and released by October.  October being the month I published my first ebook!  So far, Smashwords, Apple, and Kobo have all four of my books for sale.  Barnes&Nobles and Diesel have shelved both Taken books and Solace.  Sony has just the Taken books. 

6 stores with books written by me!  Even in my dreams, I didn't realize I was capable.  I thought one book, that's all I have.  But still the blessing of my Lord flows from me.  I have more stories than I have time to work on them, for that I will not complain, because writing is more amazing than I had ever thought.

I have to admit that this is so very exciting!  I know when my family and friends were encouraging me to epublish, I had no idea what a great experience this would be.  Don't get me wrong, it's still a lot of work and surprises that I've had to figure out, but amazing all the same.    Even when I wanted to be writer as a kid I had not thought about the exciting ride that would ensue.  I suppose as a kid the ride isn't what you dream about and maybe that's where I failed myself.  So even though it disappoints me to think that had I persevered through those nay-sayers, I could have been writing all along, I am not disappointed with where I am now.  Perhaps it all made me stronger in the long run.  I  now can take people's opinions and know that is all it is. 

Self-doubt is a horrible thing, but it keeps us humble.  With each book I write I wonder if it's as good as the first, but I don't allow that self-doubt to block me from continuing.  In everything that has happened in my life that is what I have learned, I'm my only obstical.  I control how I recieve what other say and put it in my heart.  There's a song by Evanescence called "Bring Me To Life."  I think that song is the theme to Taken.  I listened to that group a lot while I wrote it, amonst other songs.  But that song pulled hard at me with Ava and Gabriel.  In book 2, I listened to that song over and over as I wrote the scene where she wakes up from a dream and just can't take the life she is living anymore.  At the end she finds the one thing that makes her life compete.  Writing was a wake up call to the life I had lost touch with.  I love being able to pour all of me into an adventure.  It gives everything more meaning.  Writing Ava gave me self-confidents, strength, and inspired me to be more than I thought I was.  

My firend told me that they like that I continue to put myself out there and try new things all for the sake of my books.  But have I really put myself out there?  I sometimes think that I'm still letting myself down.  So, for the next month, I'm going to work on this blog more than I have (hopefully I will not stop in a month - but a month is a goal that I can work with).   Some of you might not like it, might get bored - feel free to tell me, some of you might love it, feel free to let me know, ask questions, whatever.  I have totally been lacking at the concept behind blogging. 

Thank you to those who read my posts, I've come a long way and your the ones that I have to thank.  It's inspirational to see that my blog is being looked at, that people are curious about the adventures that I'm writing/publishing.

No comments: