My Stories

I write adventures for those in search of a good story. My novels fall in the Fantasy genre, but many people consider them Sci-fi too. Each story is written with what I look for when I read a book: action, adventure, twists and turns, love, heroes, vicious enemies, fighting (weapons and hand to hand combat). I write because I want to share the stories that are inside of me. I hope you enjoy the adventures as much as I love writing them!

Friday, July 20, 2012

This is for my readers who want to publish too!

So I know I've said it before but I think that Mark Coker is a genius, and the more I read the more I wish all business people ran their business like he does.  I just finished reading a short and recent interview with Mark Coker and I once again find myself truly blessed to have found Smashwords!  To read the interview click here.  For those of you still debating whether or not to publish what you've written or don't know if you can do it.  Let me tell you from personal experience if the idea is there try it (just be prepared for the edit and revise cycle to be longer than you want it, but that it is worth it in the end).  And publishing is easy, especially if your working with Smashwords.  They set you up for success and they really are there to help you (which is totally awesome).  Just remember that high expectations are not met overnight well not for most people.  As far as success goes, that is all perspective.  My books have sold more each quarter and I am quite excited to see the results for this last quarter!  (Each quarter my books sold have almost doubled which to me is success.)  Like I've said before I didn't even intend to actually put one book out there, and then after I did, I didn't really expect much.  And today, for me, each book sold is a success because had I never put the books out there I never would have sold one and that would have been failure.  Now I'm addicted to writing, I've published four books, and the ideas continue to flow!  My success may not be that of Stephen King, or Tolkien, or JK Rowling, but wow I've had success!  Live your dreams, especially when you hear them calling in the back of your mind.  And if it's to publish a book, I believe that Smashwords is a great place to start, their honest, helpful, have all the tools you need to get your book out there (well they don't do covers, but they tell you where you can go that other Smashwords authors go), and they don't tell you what to do, they offer ideas and advise from what they've learned because they want you to be successful too.  Anyways, this was longer than I expected, but I hope you take a moment to read his interview!  Oh, and here's a link to the Smashwords site for those of you who want to read more about Smashwords!

No comments: