My Stories

I write adventures for those in search of a good story. My novels fall in the Fantasy genre, but many people consider them Sci-fi too. Each story is written with what I look for when I read a book: action, adventure, twists and turns, love, heroes, vicious enemies, fighting (weapons and hand to hand combat). I write because I want to share the stories that are inside of me. I hope you enjoy the adventures as much as I love writing them!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

It's a rainy day, and it's been a beautifully, peaceful day.  I woke up this morning with yet another set of characters in my head (I can't wait to unfold their adventure).  I watched a movie with the kids and we all read books.  My youngest son finished Solace.  I asked him what he wanted to read next and he said book two.  I told him it's close to done.  It was fun listening to him chuckling, hearing him make comments, and voicing what he thought might happen, or had better not happen, next.  The best part was not once did I have to tell him to go read.  He would grab the e-reader and curl up next to me as I worked on another book.  My oldest is reading Harry Potter.  Which he kept putting off because he didn't believe me that the books were better than the movies, but now that he's read all of my finished books (and just about everything else we have in the house) he's been sucked into the world of Harry Potter, saying I can't believe they didn't put that in the movie.  And I, being a good mom, just smiled and said I'm glad that you are enjoying it, while inside I'm saying I told you so.  My daughter has fallen in love with Henry and Mudge, and whatever she can read (and get a sticker for her accomplishments).   I've been revising story 8.  I had to put The Shadow Dragon book 3 aside because the ideas for story 8 were getting in the way.    Of course, I need to get back to Solace book 2 also.  Especially with readers like my sons who look forward to the next book.  This is all the incentive I need.  Which now means I should stop my babbling and get back to writing on this lovely, rainy day... after some fun with Legos that is.

"Anyone who says only sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain." ~ anonymous

No comments: