My Stories

I write adventures for those in search of a good story. My novels fall in the Fantasy genre, but many people consider them Sci-fi too. Each story is written with what I look for when I read a book: action, adventure, twists and turns, love, heroes, vicious enemies, fighting (weapons and hand to hand combat). I write because I want to share the stories that are inside of me. I hope you enjoy the adventures as much as I love writing them!

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Two year anniversary = Free book!

I was checking out my dashboard on Smashwords, and I realized that I published my first book 2 years ago today!  Wow!  In 2 years I've published 7 books!  I can't explain to you how excited that makes me!  Four-ish years ago I sat in front of a computer writing a book, which was supposed to be only for me - just to see if I could do it.  However my oldest son planted the bug of what if you published it (he actually said, "you're going to be famous", but my confidence didn't allow me to grasp that).  Of course not thinking that was even a possibility, the story that I worked on while my kids were sleeping grew into what is now Taken - books one and two.  As some of you might have already read, it wasn't an easy job for a couple of my friends to push me into e-publishing.  Shortly afterwards I realized: I am my own worst enemy.  (Because my books are selling)  In those two years before I published I was also working on a second book, which is still in manuscript form (because I just haven't had the time to really give it the love it needs - this is the book that will only be out in paperback when it's done.).  I remember thinking when these two books are done what will happen next.  However, since I've published I haven't been able to stop writing and I really don't want to!  I've written 12 stories - not including their sequels.  All thanks to those who believed in me more than I did!  I really am thankful to each and everyone of them!  When I wrote Taken, Ava's character empowered me and allowed me step out of what I had become.  But it is with the support of my family and friends that I have continued to tap into the strength and confidents that I found while writing my first book.  I have taken that energy and focused it into something that I think most people will enjoy! 


So, in honor of this awesome occasion I am going to do to two things:

First: I have made Taken: Marks of the Satrii FREE.  You'll be able to pick it up at any of the links to the right.  (I did this today so you may have to keep checking back at your particular store, but it should show up in the next couple of days if it hasn't already!)  This is a limited time offer.  Two weeks after it is FREE at Barnes&Nobles and Apple, I will put the price back up to $2.99

Second:  For the month of October, if you would like to read the first book in any series that I've written let me know and I will send you the ebook for the e-reader of your choice!  Just email me your email address, which book you'd like (my email is aschmidtbooks@gmail.com), and I will send it to you within a couple of days!  Yep, that easy!  The titles are:

    Taken Marks of the Satrii
    Solace: Uncharted Territory
    The Shadow Dragon: Orbs of Fire
    Not Human

Happy reading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya Angelou