My Stories

I write adventures for those in search of a good story. My novels fall in the Fantasy genre, but many people consider them Sci-fi too. Each story is written with what I look for when I read a book: action, adventure, twists and turns, love, heroes, vicious enemies, fighting (weapons and hand to hand combat). I write because I want to share the stories that are inside of me. I hope you enjoy the adventures as much as I love writing them!

Monday, October 14, 2013

More Computer Trouble

Ugh.  My computer is getting worse, making it very difficult to keep up with my goals.  At the moment, I am going to the library every morning after dropping my daughter off.  It sucks since I usually do most of my writing after the kids go to bed or before they wake up.  The day time is busy, especially now that my other job is picking up.  I really enjoy that job, but I love writing.  Why am I telling you all this.  Mostly to apologize for my lack of updates.  I once again, was going to put in a stronger effort to  blog more often.  

Now onto the updates:

I am now fixing my edits/revisions for story 13.  I have to admit I was pretty happy with the story for getting it written in two weeks.    There's quite a bit of red ink, but it's mostly just me adding more to the story.  Which is fun!  Seriously.  I really enjoy this part (wish there were more hours for me to do it, that I could type faster).  Don't get me wrong it would awesome to write the story perfectly, but I do enjoy developing the plots, changing how it is that my characters find out crucial information, creating the love story.  There is something really awesome to watch the story grow and develop with each reading until finally I read through it and go I can't believe I did that!  Then of course I hand it off and anticipate getting the comments back from my editors.  Story 13 is at 61,300 words already and I've only revised 6 chapters.

When I'm not at the Library I've started re-reading The Shadow Dragon book 3.  I think I've already commented on this, but I'm hoping that it will develop into books 3 and 4.  I'm only in the first chapter of this book, but I know my manuscript has so many ideas in it that I have a ton of expanding to do, which is why I think it will become two books - but we shall see.  

I've also read my adult book again., and decided to let my other friend read it for a second opinion, knowing that there are a few things I have already changed due to the feedback of another friend.  I told her to be mean, give me honest feedback, and any ideas or wording that would be better.  It's a really good story and if it fails again, I might just try to clean the story up and stick with that.  My friend whom I'm waiting on has a pretty busy life so this book is still kind of on the back burner.

Story 11 is still waiting on one last editor to get it back to me.  However, it looks like it will be complete after I fix the errors and address the opinions that they have on the story! 

All in all, I'm still making progress...just slower.  I am blessed that the library isn't too far away and that I have the time to get here (even if it is only for a few hours).  I am blessed that my friends and family are still supporting my dream, that my readers are still enjoying my books and passing the word along.  I am blessed that the stories and ideas continue to flow. 

No comments: