My Stories

I write adventures for those in search of a good story. My novels fall in the Fantasy genre, but many people consider them Sci-fi too. Each story is written with what I look for when I read a book: action, adventure, twists and turns, love, heroes, vicious enemies, fighting (weapons and hand to hand combat). I write because I want to share the stories that are inside of me. I hope you enjoy the adventures as much as I love writing them!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Self-publishing

Did I mention how much I enjoy self-publishing, even with people's first thought being that my book must not be that good because I did (which I am happy to say that I - and a lot of other authors - are proving wrong, and many readers are noticing!).   Joe Konrath put up a great blog on "The Myth of the Best Seller" and it got me thinking about why I took this path.  The biggest turn off for me for traditional publishing is that they(traditional publisher) think they deserve a bigger cut than me after they decide whether or not my book is worth their time.  Sorry, I don't think so - I've already done that.

However what really keeps my energy to up to continue writing and self-publishing, the BIGGEST reason for me to self-publish - and I do love self-publishing(for many reasons), is this:  it's 100% me!  

Love it or hate, I did it and I'm proud of what I've accomplished.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I never had to choose a subject - my subject rather chose me." Ernest Hemingway

Amanda said...

More true than I ever would have thought!