My Stories

I write adventures for those in search of a good story. My novels fall in the Fantasy genre, but many people consider them Sci-fi too. Each story is written with what I look for when I read a book: action, adventure, twists and turns, love, heroes, vicious enemies, fighting (weapons and hand to hand combat). I write because I want to share the stories that are inside of me. I hope you enjoy the adventures as much as I love writing them!

Monday, September 9, 2013

Story 13?!

I knew I wanted to start another book, because I had several ideas.  However, I wasn't trying to put anything together because I want to get the dragon books done.  Be that as it may be, things never go as I plan.   I was in my car last week and the Ted Nugent song "StrangleHold" starts playing.  I love the guitar rifts in that song!  I'd be okay if there wasn't any singing in it at all!  It's pretty awesome.  Anyways, the next thing I know a scene for my next book (Story 13) flows through my mind.  I fought off writing it, trying to focus on the dragon book, but this story continued to unfurl.  (And I heard the song on the radio two more times, each time the scene played out with a little more detail.)  What do I mean by unfurl?  I mean in less than 24 hours I had written 16,000 words (approx. 30 pages, 12pt, new times roman, single spaced), and I haven't even got to the scene that I cannot wait to write.  It probably will take a bit longer to finish the story though, because when I get enough of it out of my mind, I'll be going back to The Shadow Dragon series.  Sometimes I wish I typed faster, or there were more hours in the day that I could write. 

No comments: