My Stories

I write adventures for those in search of a good story. My novels fall in the Fantasy genre, but many people consider them Sci-fi too. Each story is written with what I look for when I read a book: action, adventure, twists and turns, love, heroes, vicious enemies, fighting (weapons and hand to hand combat). I write because I want to share the stories that are inside of me. I hope you enjoy the adventures as much as I love writing them!

Monday, September 23, 2013

Story 13 maunscript

Printed my first manuscript for Story 13.  I'm going to put it a side for a couple of days, let it linger in my thoughts before I read it.  No, it's not done, but it is close.  I mean it is done in the context that it has a beginning, middle, and end.   However there is still more to the story that needs to be added and I have to move some things around.  (I keep telling my boys they need to invent the Ironman computer - Jarvis - so I can look at multiple pages in front of me and shift things around or edit them out with my fingers.  They smile and I know they're wondering just what it would take to make that computer real.) For now though I just print it.  It's easier for me to look at it in hardcopy.  I can circle things and write down where I want to move it and easily flip back and forth between where I have one thing at and where I think I want it.  Plus my brain sees it in a different light and I will expand on what I've already written.  Right now it is 58,600 words.  It only needs 1,400 more words and it will "officially" become a novel.  I am not the least bit worried about it not being long enough.  Because I already know that there is a lot of things I want to add to it.  In fact, I had to cut myself off today because as I continued to write I realized that I was starting a second book for this book.  So I'm curious to see how all of this goes!    Now, I realize I've just made more work for myself.  I was thinking that I was only writing my ideas down, but now it's a book.  I still want to get my Dragon book(s) finished, clean up the adult book, work on my not ebook book, put some time into a couple of other books that keep poking out in my mind, and - luckily- story 11 is still in the hands of my editors.  Oh well, one day I might just catch up to all the stories I am working on, but somehow I think that is a long shot.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining.  I love writing, dreaming, and getting lost in each world and character that I create.  I would be really sad if I had nothing to work on.  Now, with that being said, back to work! 

No comments: