My Stories

I write adventures for those in search of a good story. My novels fall in the Fantasy genre, but many people consider them Sci-fi too. Each story is written with what I look for when I read a book: action, adventure, twists and turns, love, heroes, vicious enemies, fighting (weapons and hand to hand combat). I write because I want to share the stories that are inside of me. I hope you enjoy the adventures as much as I love writing them!

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

My inspiration for Not Human





I had woken up one morning with the beginning of Not Human in my head.  But it was while I was practicing Tai Chi later that the book really came to life for me. 

While I was on vacation, I practiced on the shore of Lake Huron.  This particular morning, I was up before the sun.  I do this sequence of movements 3 to 4 times in a row usually in the morning and always after a good workout.  This video consists of 42 movements at sunrise.  Although, I'm not prefect in this video, it was too amazing not to share.  I wish my camera could have picked up the red hue of the sun that morning because then you'd see the true color of Zatak's eyes (or at least how I see them).  Tai Chi is a huge influence in my life and my writing.  It is the balance in my hectic, sprinter-mentality life, and has helped me through some of the most stressful moments of recent events in my life.  I hope you enjoy this.

No comments: