My Stories

I write adventures for those in search of a good story. My novels fall in the Fantasy genre, but many people consider them Sci-fi too. Each story is written with what I look for when I read a book: action, adventure, twists and turns, love, heroes, vicious enemies, fighting (weapons and hand to hand combat). I write because I want to share the stories that are inside of me. I hope you enjoy the adventures as much as I love writing them!

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Update on "The Shadow Dragon" book 3

Finished the manuscript for The Shadow Dragon: book 3 (49,000 words) before I left for a week long camping trip!  Read through the entire book and I suspect that the book is going to grow a lot more.  (the voice in my head said this will be books 3 and 4, but I'm not going to think that way...yet)  This story has so much room to grow and there is so much that goes on that there is a lot of things missing, which of course I don't mind because this means I have a lot more writing to do.  Still waiting to get Story 11 back from one more editor, and I still want to revisit my adult book.  With all that being said I've really been wanting to work on books 3 and 4, and another story idea has been sneaking around in my thoughts.  I love going camping with my kids.  We have so much fun, and it is so relaxing.  This year, my younger son (who is 12) and I did a 22-mile hike (one way in one day on the NCT: aka the North Country Trail) with my cousin through the spectacular forests of Michigan.  Talk about amazing and inspiring!  We also hung out on the sandy beach of Lake Huron, enjoyed campfires, ate lots of Smores, laughed, and we were sad when it was time to go home.  It was cool to be working on The Shadow Dragon, since it was two years ago when I awoke in my tent with the first book in my head. 

Hope you are enjoying your summer too!

No comments: