My Stories

I write adventures for those in search of a good story. My novels fall in the Fantasy genre, but many people consider them Sci-fi too. Each story is written with what I look for when I read a book: action, adventure, twists and turns, love, heroes, vicious enemies, fighting (weapons and hand to hand combat). I write because I want to share the stories that are inside of me. I hope you enjoy the adventures as much as I love writing them!

Sunday, March 22, 2020

Still writing... :)

I hope all of you are doing well, and are safe.  Figuring things out during all this has been a feat inside itself.  But I won't bore you with those trials and tribulations.  Instead this is what I've been doing to the best of my abilities.  With 6 people in a small home, quiet and not disturbed moments are fleeting.  But I have managed to:

Finish re-reading/revising Story 10 (which is 172,000 words), and it's safe to say it's going to get a bit longer... as expected. However, if feels really close to done. 

And Story 20 is finally a completed first draft which is 188,000 words (which translates into approximately 775 book pages.) So now I'm putting both of those aside for a bit before I dive back into them. 

I picked up Story 3 which is 157,000 words. This is actually the second book I started. (It's called story 3 because the sequel to Taken was Story two when I started this. I was at story five or six when I realized that I was titling them wrong. A story and it's sequels are still the same story. Luckily, I had forgotten to give a story a # cause I already had a title for it. So it sits in Story 2's slot.) Anyways. It seems to me that it was finished in a sense, but I there was more I wanted to write so the story wasn't done. I haven't looked at this story in quite a while so hopefully, i can bring it to a close and have it in my "ready for the editors so I can publish" pile.

I hope you're reading, writing, drawing, making music, listening to music, or whatever art soothes your soul.  Stay safe and take care!  😊  

No comments: