My Stories

I write adventures for those in search of a good story. My novels fall in the Fantasy genre, but many people consider them Sci-fi too. Each story is written with what I look for when I read a book: action, adventure, twists and turns, love, heroes, vicious enemies, fighting (weapons and hand to hand combat). I write because I want to share the stories that are inside of me. I hope you enjoy the adventures as much as I love writing them!

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Still working

Sorry it's been so long since I've written a blog.  This time of year always seems crazy.  The emotions, the chaos, the things that inevitably won't go right.   Despite all of that, I have been devoting as much of my spare time as I can to getting to the library so I can work on my books.  I have about ten more pages to revise on Story 13 and I'll be handing that off.   I'm also working hard to keep my goal of getting The Shadow Dragon (books one and two) and Not Human in paperback by the New Year.  I am really looking forward to working on The Shadow Dragon book 3 (and hopefully four). 

I know, not a lot to report on.  It seems life sometimes slips the rug out from underneath me and I have to work hard to get back up.  One of my favorite lines is from Batman Begins: "Do you know why we fall?  So we can learn to get back up."  My daughter asked me this morning about life (in general).  Is life great or does it suck.  I smiled to myself and replied, life is as great as you want it to be.  It all comes down to how you're going to perceive it.  Your attitude will decide if life sucks or if life is great.   She replies (with her big toothless smile and her sparkling eyes), "Well I want life to be great."   While I was out for a hike today my mind reflected on that conversation.  I have to agree with her, I want life to be great.  I'm not where I would like to be (physically, emotionally, financially, nor locationally) and lately there seems to be a lot that wants to pull me down.  I've always seen my daughter as my wake up call in my life and once again she has caused me to re-evaluate.  Not my goals and dreams, quite the contrary.  What is it about aging that causes us to lose our optimistic perspective?  Sure we're more aware of the bad in the world, but why do we, ourselves, falter?  I, obviously, don't have the answer.  However, I am going to hold onto my dreams and strive to continue to be a positive influence for all those around me, especially my children.  

Things have a funny way of working out.  :)


No comments: