My Stories

I write adventures for those in search of a good story. My novels fall in the Fantasy genre, but many people consider them Sci-fi too. Each story is written with what I look for when I read a book: action, adventure, twists and turns, love, heroes, vicious enemies, fighting (weapons and hand to hand combat). I write because I want to share the stories that are inside of me. I hope you enjoy the adventures as much as I love writing them!

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Cover for Darkness

The cover for Darkness was originally going to be a black cover with only the title.  Not because I couldn't come up with a cover, but because it suited the book...  I thought anyways.   However, since I decided that the eyes of fire should be on all the covers of "The Shadow Dragon" books, I brained stormed a little more.  And came up with what is seen below:




As I've said before, I like to make my covers from pieces of the book.  The black background is in representation of the Shadow Dragon - whose skin is so dark that it absorbs all light.  Obviously, the eyes of fire are of great significance.   The lightening and mist symbolize two powerful beings.  Both of which have a great impact on the story.  The lightening is from the Eldest dragon, and the mist represents the power of a person whom I never expected to become so important to the story, who has become powerful because of those beyond the mortal world.  And the significance of the grey lettering is because, as Darkness is unleashed upon the world, the chances of light being extinguished seems inevitable.

No comments: