My Stories

I write adventures for those in search of a good story. My novels fall in the Fantasy genre, but many people consider them Sci-fi too. Each story is written with what I look for when I read a book: action, adventure, twists and turns, love, heroes, vicious enemies, fighting (weapons and hand to hand combat). I write because I want to share the stories that are inside of me. I hope you enjoy the adventures as much as I love writing them!

Thursday, November 29, 2018

Cover for "Orbs of Fire"

Creating the cover for this book was so easy and yet so difficult.  Once I had decided on the title and subtitle I knew exactly what I wanted to do for the cover - obviously, the cover would be the Orb of Fire.   I published two other attempts at orbs of fire before I created the one that you see now.  I kept trying to use photos of fire (in my head that was the perfect way to do it).  Each attempt was close, but not at all the way I had envisioned.  (Apparently, fire is not the same as what I envisioned.  I was a little disheartened, but it didn't suck.)   I was actually working on another project when I stumbled onto how to create what I wanted, and even then I did not expect it to turn out so perfectly.  (So much fun making fire from scratch)

 Below are the three covers:


Above is my first attempt, using a picture of fire.


Above is my second attempt, using a picture of fire and then highlighting the brighter tones and darkening the redder tones.


Above is the final cover, which I created from scratch and am most proud of!

No comments: