My Stories

I write adventures for those in search of a good story. My novels fall in the Fantasy genre, but many people consider them Sci-fi too. Each story is written with what I look for when I read a book: action, adventure, twists and turns, love, heroes, vicious enemies, fighting (weapons and hand to hand combat). I write because I want to share the stories that are inside of me. I hope you enjoy the adventures as much as I love writing them!

Saturday, October 13, 2018

Writing "Solace: Lost"

Writing "Lost" only took me a week longer to write than "Uncharted Territories" (and it is almost twice as long).    It's funny to me how easy it was to write Solace compared to my other stories.  Not that my other stories have been difficult, it's just there's are so many other things I get distracted by.  And I don't mean non-writer world stuff, which does get in the way sometimes, but not nearly as much as with my other stories.  I like telling people the voices in my head directs me to where I write next.  (The voices being the people in my other stories)  It sounds crazy, I know, but...  it is what it is.   The reason I tell you this is so I can share what I think is funny about how quickly I wrote Solace.   When I think about it, it's rather fitting that Karissa's story was never interrupted while I was writing it.  Not one other voice tried to be heard.  And I think that it's because she is  the strongest and most stubborn female (main female) that I've written.   Which leads me to my theory that she kept all the voices of my other stories at bay until I finished.  I mean she is that badass. (Forgive my language.)  

Another interesting fact about writing "Lost": When I had finished writing book one, I didn't have a book two in mind.  I realize the end of "Uncharted Territories" leaves opportunity for a book two, and I remember thinking it would be cool to write more, but "Lost" wasn't even a glimmer of a thought.    I finished and published "The Shadow Dragon: Orbs of Fire", wrote and published "The Shadow Dragon: Aleksertac" before I wrote and published "Solace: Lost".  

The sub-title "Lost" came much easier to me than "Uncharted Territories".   With all that Karissa's been through she has always known what she had to do.  Then she met Jack.  Now that she has gone through uncharted territory, her reality has changed so much.  And even though she knows what she wants to do, she isn't sure how to accomplish it.  She is faced with bouts of weakness because Tania (one of her older sister's) had poisoned her, things she doesn't comprehend because she wasn't raised around them, and confronted with things - good and bad - that she never imagined she would.   And to make everything worse her compass of what needs to get done so she survives, has been broken by a creature named Jack, leaving her...  Lost.    


  • Plus, I love how well going into uncharted territories leads right into being lost.
😊







No comments: