My Stories

I write adventures for those in search of a good story. My novels fall in the Fantasy genre, but many people consider them Sci-fi too. Each story is written with what I look for when I read a book: action, adventure, twists and turns, love, heroes, vicious enemies, fighting (weapons and hand to hand combat). I write because I want to share the stories that are inside of me. I hope you enjoy the adventures as much as I love writing them!

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

I'm writing often, just not here. Sorry.

You would think if I can write +50,000word stories, that writing a blog should be so easy that I could do it daily.  However, I finding the shorter the writing is supposed to be the harder it is for me.   Thus my loathing of titles, descriptions, 2 page essays, and the impossibility it seems for me to write a short story.  I mean I can write a short story, but it's not good.   By the time I fix the "short" story so that I like it, it's about 50,000words with room to grow.  Anyways, there are a few things I wanted to let you know about.

First!   After much debate, I have begun the process of putting my books on Amazon.  It wasn't as horrible and difficult to understand as the first time I had attempted it.  As of last night, Heart of the Emperor is now selling at Amazon.  I have added the link to the right, under "Where to find my books (ebooks)".  Or you can click here!  I am re-reading each of my books and touching up the stories.  Only because I know I've (finally) learned a lot about sentence structure, flow, the over-use of certain words, and patience.  After I re-read each book, I'll be formatting it for Amazon (Ugh.  Not hard, just tedious and time consuming - that hasn't changed.)  Also, my books will continue to stay at Smashwords, Barnes&Nobles, Apple, and Kobo, so if you don't care to shop on Amazon that's not a problem.

Second.  I have The Shadow Dragon re-read and am almost done with Aleksertac.  Those obviously will be the next books to go to Amazon.  Which is important since I want to publish Book 3 summer of 2015.  Re-reading them has been awesome.  I was surprised with how much was set up for the sequel books, because when I wrote Aleksertac I did not know that the series would continue.   Just one more thing to add to my amazement of my writing abilities.

Third. I am making revisions to Story 14 and am very happy with it's progress.  Granted I haven't gotten to the part that needs rearranging yet, but I am adding more details and I like that.

Fourth.  New voices have made their presence known.  They have moved passed the whispering stage, but they are not consuming my mind yet so I am diligently working on the things above with hopes of finishing them before these new voices begin to yell and I cannot focus on anything but them.

I saw this the other day and downloaded it because it made me laugh at the truth of it:



1 comment:

Donna said...

Love your ending quote...thank you for keeping us updated on your progress. I recently reread The Shadow Dragon and am very excited to hear about Book 3. Keep sharing your voices with us...and keep on blogging