My Stories

I write adventures for those in search of a good story. My novels fall in the Fantasy genre, but many people consider them Sci-fi too. Each story is written with what I look for when I read a book: action, adventure, twists and turns, love, heroes, vicious enemies, fighting (weapons and hand to hand combat). I write because I want to share the stories that are inside of me. I hope you enjoy the adventures as much as I love writing them!

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

World Cup

You know me, I love posting about people doing amazing things - creating their dreams.   World Cup 2014 is no different.  (Granted I might be a little biased because I love soccer [best game ever played], played it for 10 years). Although I am a little disappointed in the coverage of post World Cup.  The goal alone should be plastered everywhere if you ask me.  I am very happy for the German's, but more so for Gotze who scored that goal.  (And what do I see the next day?  Pictures of his girlfriend model.  Really?!)  I mean that goal was phenomenal.  He's 22years old, playing in the World Cup!!  Scoring the only goal in that game.  And it wasn't a cheap shot, it wasn't a penalty shot, it was a well earned goal!  There are a lot of haters out there as far as Germany being the winner, but they played outstandingly in all their games.  Sure Argentina should have won because the Cup was in South America, and everyone else loves Messi (I do love the way his first name is pronounced).  I haven't decided if he wasn't happy about winning that award because he didn't win the Cup (sore loser) or if he thought someone else should have won it because he didn't play his best?  I hope it's the latter, because with all the hype I was not impressed.  I know it's hard to watch soccer for some people (mostly because of all the grown men acting like babies so they can get a free kick - not a fan of that), and honestly since I've been coaching recreational soccer I was so much more sucked into the games than ever before.  Germany came out strong in overtime, I thought they dominated Argentina, but how can anyone argue against that goal.  It alone deserved the World Cup.   Yes I am babbling my way through all this just so I can connect you to one of the most amazing game winning goals I have ever seen!  So here it is:



http://www.espnfc.us/video/highlights/114/video/1948865/gotzes-game-winning-goal-lifts-germany




No comments: