My Stories

I write adventures for those in search of a good story. My novels fall in the Fantasy genre, but many people consider them Sci-fi too. Each story is written with what I look for when I read a book: action, adventure, twists and turns, love, heroes, vicious enemies, fighting (weapons and hand to hand combat). I write because I want to share the stories that are inside of me. I hope you enjoy the adventures as much as I love writing them!

Friday, April 11, 2014

This week has not been a good week for the writer in me.  It was my kids' Spring Break, I worked, and Robert had a birthday.  I didn't do hardly any writing.  I don't know about other writers, but me personally, I get irritable when I don't get to write.  I have so much going on in my head that everything else is hard to focus on.  It should be the other way around, I know.  We did have a lot of fun though!  Saw Captain America.  Great Movie! The movie was action packed, it didn't lull at all.   I love that honor has so much meaning to Captain America.  He's always looking to do what's right, no matter what it might cost him.   

Since my last post, I have done quite a bit though.  I'm jumping around in my newest book, trying really hard not to get upset.  I can see the story so clearly, but getting it down on paper is proving difficult.  I don't have the option to give up, because I wake up in the morning thinking about this story.   I'm about half way through Story 13 and quite happy with it, and I can see the next book in that story pulling itself together.  The cover for Heart of the Emperor is almost finished!   I started reading through the hardcopy for The Shadow Dragon book 3 and I hate the beginning of Chapter 1 so much that I haven't looked at it since (I almost through it across the room).  I'm also trying to read a couple of books that are by other indie writers.  So far I like them.   

Despite all that I can't stop feeling as though more writing needs to done.  I need to print this picture a friend of mine sent me and put it everywhere: 


After all if the Avengers think I should, who am I (or my kids) to argue?  (I know I'm more of a DC girl, but a great job has been done making these hero's awesome, even in my eyes!)


No comments: