My Stories

I write adventures for those in search of a good story. My novels fall in the Fantasy genre, but many people consider them Sci-fi too. Each story is written with what I look for when I read a book: action, adventure, twists and turns, love, heroes, vicious enemies, fighting (weapons and hand to hand combat). I write because I want to share the stories that are inside of me. I hope you enjoy the adventures as much as I love writing them!

Monday, April 28, 2014

National SuperHeroes Day!

This is a fun day!  I love superheroes for the ideals that they stand for.  Sure, it would be impossible for us to ever become like most of them.  However, to strive to do what's good, to stick up for - even protect - others, and help those around us are very tangible.  In honor of this day that brings a smile to my face, here are my top ten.   Keeping in mind that there are a lot of Superheroes to choose from and even more everyday heroes, here's my list.  Feel free to add more in the comment section!

1) WonderWoman when she had pre-superman abilities.  I don't particularly like what they have turned her into.
2) It's a tie with Batman and Superman.
3) NightWing
4) BlackWidow
5) BatGirl (I only read the Cassandra Cain series when my son said "Mom read this, I think you'll really like it" and he was right - she was awesome)
6) Flash
7) Captain America (He's a gentleman and a hero - what's not to love)
8) Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
9) Robin (Teen Titans/Young Justice)
10) Wolverine

My list could go on, and I'm sure if I was reminded of a few others I would have to rethink my list, but these have been my favorite since I was a child - minus BlackWidow and Captain America.  I didn't grow up Marvel, but now that they have been formally introduced into my realm they definitely have found their way to my top list.   Have a great day!  :)

No comments: