My Stories

I write adventures for those in search of a good story. My novels fall in the Fantasy genre, but many people consider them Sci-fi too. Each story is written with what I look for when I read a book: action, adventure, twists and turns, love, heroes, vicious enemies, fighting (weapons and hand to hand combat). I write because I want to share the stories that are inside of me. I hope you enjoy the adventures as much as I love writing them!

Wednesday, April 2, 2014



I have a working computer again!  YEAH!!!  This makes my writing life so much better!   So, I've been working on a few things over the last week.  Go figure, right?  I've spent time trying to understand photo editing so that I can improve upon the cover for Heart of the Emperor.  I'm a slow learner, but I am determined to figure it out.   I have a cover, but I'm not totally happy with it.  It will work, but I think it would look better with a couple of changes.  I'm hoping to get that out to you later this month.

Speaking of Heart of the Emperor.   I wanted to share why I really enjoyed writing this book.    For those of you familiar with my books, you know that my stories tend to keep you guessing.  Whether it's a character, how an event plays out, or how I get the story as a whole from beginning to end, I try to make it as intriguing as I can.  This book is no different.  In fact with this book, the bad guy was a surprise to me too.  As the end began to draw near, I couldn't wait to finish it.  Not because I was bored with writing it, but because I couldn't wait to see how it ended.  There were so many possibilities to who the bad guy was - it really could have been anyone.

 I'm still plucking away at my attempt at a story in 3rd person.  Who knew this could be such a challenging task.  The story is developing, but I know I've left so much out.  Up until this point I've been hand writing this book.  However my mom typed it up for me so I could  work on my other stories.  She told me that i really need to take another look at it.  Apparently I slipped into and out of 1st person.  I just shook my head.   I'm not giving up yet though - I always did like a good challenge.  Yesterday I began fixing the revisions for story13, which I am hoping will be ready to go to my editors when I'm done.   I've also added more to story 14.   Tomorrow I'm printing off The Shadow Dragon book 3.   I really want to get it done so I can  move on to book 4 and get those two books out to you.

No comments: