My Stories

I write adventures for those in search of a good story. My novels fall in the Fantasy genre, but many people consider them Sci-fi too. Each story is written with what I look for when I read a book: action, adventure, twists and turns, love, heroes, vicious enemies, fighting (weapons and hand to hand combat). I write because I want to share the stories that are inside of me. I hope you enjoy the adventures as much as I love writing them!

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Made it to the Library! Yeah!

I've finally spent some serious time at the library! I cannot describe how happy I am right now! Thursday I finally made it to the point in The Shadow Dragon Book 3 where I get to start writing again (the part I am most excited about).  Friday morning my mom tells me I need to take another look at Story 13, because "the writing was too raw for it to have been one of my finals.  Ugh.  When she showed me all the oopses (typos, places where I changed things and forgot to delete what I changed, strange sentences, and several other things), I was very embarrassed.  So I decided since that story is so much closer to done, I would fix that up first.  I was very annoyed with myself, but I figured it was a good punishment to have to put The Shadow Dragon aside. (Hopefully I won't do that ever again -  I know over-confidence is not a good thing)  However, re-reading Story 13 has given me an awesome feeling.  I'm re-reading the book, fixing the oopses, and saying: "I wrote this?!" (in a good way)  I read 56 pages of my manuscript on Friday alone! I was so into the story that I had to keep backing up because I forgot to fix my mistakes, and I did not want to leave the library.    I know I've said this before, but it's a wonderful feeling to read something I've written and just be in disbelief that I created it.  The other awesome thing that makes this all so exciting is it means I'll get back to The Shadow Dragon in a few more days (as long as I can get to the library).  I've also been brainstorming cover ideas for Story 14, all this snow is just so beautiful and inspiring!  Best Michigan winter in a long time!   Well that's everything for now!  I am loving the time and opportunity I've had this past week to work on my books!  Yeah!!! 

No comments: