My Stories

I write adventures for those in search of a good story. My novels fall in the Fantasy genre, but many people consider them Sci-fi too. Each story is written with what I look for when I read a book: action, adventure, twists and turns, love, heroes, vicious enemies, fighting (weapons and hand to hand combat). I write because I want to share the stories that are inside of me. I hope you enjoy the adventures as much as I love writing them!

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Story nine

Woo Hoo!  I finally have Story 9 back from my editors!  I've already begun to fix the revisions.  I am enjoying the story immensely.  I haven't read it since July so it's easy from me to forget that I wrote it.  I keep finding myself having to leave the library for one reason or another (kids, work, library closing) and not wanting to quit reading it.  I was up all night (literally, I slept an hour if I'm lucky) last night and now when I should be sleeping I'm here at the library because I couldn't wait to read more.   However, I can't start reading until I do everything else that I needed to do first.   Plus, knowing that this should be the last read through for Story 9 before it goes to copyright also adds to my excitement. 

When I'm not at the library, or being a mom, or teaching Tai Chi, I've been working on my newest book (story 14).  I wish I  could work on the computer with it, but first comes story 13 and The Shadow Dragon book 3.  Yesterday afternoon I started hand writing another story.  I know, finish what you've started, but the characters get impatient with me and it's hard to work on anything else.  The funny thing is, I've been going back and forth on buying a new laptop (or more to the point: how much money to spend on it), and part of me was concerned with what if I've written all my stories and then I have this awesome computer, but did I need to spend that much.  So when this new story began to consume my thoughts, I had to smile.  Of course, I'm not done yet.  This is what I love.   It's the insanity that keeps me sane.   I know, I know.   I am using the word sane very loosely. 

No comments: