My Stories

I write adventures for those in search of a good story. My novels fall in the Fantasy genre, but many people consider them Sci-fi too. Each story is written with what I look for when I read a book: action, adventure, twists and turns, love, heroes, vicious enemies, fighting (weapons and hand to hand combat). I write because I want to share the stories that are inside of me. I hope you enjoy the adventures as much as I love writing them!

Friday, November 8, 2013

Book 11 update...errr...babbling

I started working on the cover for book 11!  I was pretty excited because I already knew what I wanted to do.  Unfortunately, it did not turn out the way I had pictured in my head.  In fact it looked horrible.   However, I came up with a few other ideas and after a couple of hours I created something that I liked.  It's simple, yet eye catching.  Now all I need is a Title!  Yep, darn thing.  I'm learning to laugh when I get to this point.  I can write full length novels, design my own covers (granted this isn't easy for me either, but I tend to enjoy the process), but coming up with a title is such an ordeal. 

My least favorite parts of writing a book are the title and the description.  These two things should be easy after all the work I put into the rest of it, but they're not.  I know I've complained about this in other blogs, so I'll keep it to a minimal.  I sure hope one day I laugh real hard about this.  I do laugh now, but not as heartily as I should (it's more of a "this is just ridiculous" laugh followed by "Grrr...").  I still have a little while because I'm still waiting for the third edited copy, but I seriously have no idea what to name it.  And yes, I'm stuck on the description too.
  
Me brainstorming the description:
"What's the book about?"  Sadly the first thing that comes to mind is: it's about a girl.  Ha ha, right?  A little humor: It's like in the first Spiderman movie when he says "every good story is about a girl."  Anyways, Story 11 is an adventure in space, obviously in the future, and nowhere near Earth.  The main character's name is Commander Emma Matix.   She takes on a mission, as a favor, to transport a deadly Kamtra prisoner.  She is led to believe that she is there for diplomacy, only to find that she's supposed to be a translator, but as things go awry, she's not sure that is the truth either.

See.  Ugh.  Lots of work still needed.  Well you've read my other descriptions, and they're not bad.  Granted I've had to change a couple of them because they were...not so good, and I'm certain that they're still not great.  Except maybe Taken's description since it is still my most downloaded book by a long shot.  The sales for that book have stayed consistent, and when I did the promo, it did over 3 times better in two weeks than it had done in a month a year ago May. 

Enough with the babbling.  At least now you know I have a cover and you know a little bit about the story.  It won't take me long to finish the writing process once I can sit down with my three edited copies.  It will take at least three months after that though due to the Copyright process, but at least when I finish the edits I will get to change my countdown clock!  Yeah!! 

No comments: