My Stories

I write adventures for those in search of a good story. My novels fall in the Fantasy genre, but many people consider them Sci-fi too. Each story is written with what I look for when I read a book: action, adventure, twists and turns, love, heroes, vicious enemies, fighting (weapons and hand to hand combat). I write because I want to share the stories that are inside of me. I hope you enjoy the adventures as much as I love writing them!

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Olympics (Micheal Phelps)

Just a quick note about the Olympics. 

Talk about It all started with a dream!  I have really been enjoying the Olympics so far.   Okay, this is going to be about Micheal Phelps (which is ironic because I am the farthest thing from a swimmer that one can get).  Don't get me wrong though I've loved watching the men's archery, and I am loving the USA Woman's soccer team, and I've caught a little of the sand volleyball, some water polo, skull, gymnastics and a few others.  However my favorite to watch has been Micheal Phelps, (I haven't seen his races LIVE since I apparently lack the right channels, but I've watched them at night).  Micheal Phelps is an athlete that found his dream and pushes through to the finish.  I was so bummed last night that he didn't get the gold for the 200 butterfly (I watched the replays again and again, and I think it was a technical issue.  He so deserved the gold.)  I was so amazed with his gusto in Beijing, he knew what his dream was and made it happen.  This year WOW!  The most decorated Olympian EVER! 15 of his 19 medals are gold!  And he still has three more races!  The medley last night was amazing to watch! The whole team swam perfectly!  I enjoyed watching the camaraderie between the four of them afterwards.  And I loved the humility that Phelps displayed!  I always tell my kids that the sign of a great athlete is one that does not say, me me me... but rather talks about the team and those that were a part of the success(coaches, family, friends, whoever).  And that was Phelps last night!  He didn't cry foul (like I did) when he watched the replay of his Butterfly and he sure didn't let it hurt his anchor placement in the medley.  I love what he's accomplished so much more because he had been getting a lot of nay-sayers reporting about him, and he's showing them all that they have judged him (I thing they are all jealous) and they now get to eat their words and tell the world about the most decorated Olympic Athlete!  Congratulations, Micheal Phelps!!

I love watching people's dreams take flight! 

No comments: