My Stories

I write adventures for those in search of a good story. My novels fall in the Fantasy genre, but many people consider them Sci-fi too. Each story is written with what I look for when I read a book: action, adventure, twists and turns, love, heroes, vicious enemies, fighting (weapons and hand to hand combat). I write because I want to share the stories that are inside of me. I hope you enjoy the adventures as much as I love writing them!

Monday, August 20, 2012

Had an amazing time camping!  Edited 2 1/2 books of the four that I printed off.  I also hiked 31miles: 14.2 on the North Country Trail,  3 1/2 on the Sleeping Bear dunes with all three of my kids (a hike that feels like 20miles - but I still love that hike), an 8 mile hike and a few smaller hikes.  We were able to eat Smores every night... YUM!!!   Slept in the tent under the stars, and I think this was the first trip in a long time that a storm did not whip through in the middle of the night. The inspiration was definitely all around me. 

I missed my computer for writing, since my handwriting isn't fast enough to keep up with my mind. On the bright side though, I did get a lot of editing done.  Yes my computer is still in the shop and I'm going to give Dell a call (Grr...).   Not happy to be home, but excited with all the new ideas that are swimming in my head! 

Books worked on during vacation(I use that term work loosely because I don't find writing to be "work") :
            Solace: Lost (Book 2):  Very close to done and soon will be handing it off to my "editors"
            My newest story "9" (Untitled):  about half way done with the story.
            And in the middle of story "8" (Untitled):  this one is quite close to being done also
            I had a ton of ideas for story "4" (Untitled):  I need my computer for that one  :( 

Ha ha!  "Untitled."   Ask anyone one who knows me, and they'll tell you how much I hate titles.  I think it's the most stressful part about writing.  I usually have everything ready to go to the Copyright Office and I'm still staring at my book, trying to decide on it's title.  I do put a lot of thought into the titles though, and I keep hoping that it will get easier to title each book. 

No comments: