My Stories

I write adventures for those in search of a good story. My novels fall in the Fantasy genre, but many people consider them Sci-fi too. Each story is written with what I look for when I read a book: action, adventure, twists and turns, love, heroes, vicious enemies, fighting (weapons and hand to hand combat). I write because I want to share the stories that are inside of me. I hope you enjoy the adventures as much as I love writing them!

Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day

Thank you to all of you who serve or have served in the Military that have put your life on the line for the freedoms that we take for granted. 

I went to a Memorial Day Ceremony this morning where my boys took part in the color guard of raising the flag, and there was an 11th grade student who wrote an essay about what is a Patriot.  They of course reminded us of the servicemen/woman who risk their lives for us, but they also mentioned the everyday people who stand up and protect those around them.   The neighbors who watch over their neighborhood, who say hello, who stand up against those doing wrong, who do their best to uphold the rights that our troops fight over seas for.  The student who stands up against those picking on the less fortunate, or whatever it is that people feel the need to attack their peers about.  These too are Patriots.  They too fight for what our country was built upon.    

Our soldiers are the ultimate Patriots, and are those whom we should always adorn.  They don't talk about what it means to sacrifice, they show us what sacrifice is.  They put their lives out there for us because they believe in what this country was founded. 

So today, and everyday, thank you to those who love this country and fight for the freedoms of others.  ALL of you and your families are in my prayers.

Happy Memorial Day!

No comments: