My Stories

I write adventures for those in search of a good story. My novels fall in the Fantasy genre, but many people consider them Sci-fi too. Each story is written with what I look for when I read a book: action, adventure, twists and turns, love, heroes, vicious enemies, fighting (weapons and hand to hand combat). I write because I want to share the stories that are inside of me. I hope you enjoy the adventures as much as I love writing them!

Thursday, May 30, 2019

The Cover for Heart of the Emperor

As I stated earlier, I had found this pink sparkling flower that I knew my daughter would love.  I kept looking at as we walked around the store and I couldn't stop thinking how it would make a beautiful cover for a book.  The flower became a pivotal part in the book.  It is a native flower to Tridan (the Kamtra home world) which roots itself into the heart of the planet. ( I would tell you more, but I'd rather you read the story to find out.  😉)  The background represents the ground that the Kamtra have made their city and tunnels in.  Not only is Tridan made of rock, but it is a lava planet as well, thus the lava flowing through the green rock.


Now one of my favorite things about the paperback cover is if you open the book and turn it upside down the lava flows in a heart shape.  Which I decided to do because of the title and the beautiful love story that this book turned out to be.  I was so pleased with myself for this idea until I realized that no one will ever notice...  unless I tell/show everyone.





No comments: