My Stories

I write adventures for those in search of a good story. My novels fall in the Fantasy genre, but many people consider them Sci-fi too. Each story is written with what I look for when I read a book: action, adventure, twists and turns, love, heroes, vicious enemies, fighting (weapons and hand to hand combat). I write because I want to share the stories that are inside of me. I hope you enjoy the adventures as much as I love writing them!

Monday, February 25, 2019

Writing Percy

We met Percy in "Orbs of Fire"  - a reclusive blacksmith, whom Alex considers a friend.  We know at this encounter that he is not an ordinary man because of his cat like eyes and ability to create swords that empower the user.  So it shouldn't be of any surprise that Sonia's path crosses his again.  One of my favorite parts of Percy is that he says what's on his mind, which most other people in the story don't appreciate, and he doesn't always understand why he shouldn't have said something.  I think Lord Vertas describes Percy perfectly when he says: “Percy’s gift has allowed him to have a remarkable reputation, despite his personality.”  

The thing about Percy is that he is aware of so much, and there isn't much that intimidates him.  Not the Ortal, not the Troskla (creatures that gets introduced in this book), not the Ancients, and definitely not a mortal.  In fact, the only thing he does fear is Aleksertac, but that doesn't mean he cowers when he feels strongly enough about something.  A great quality for him to have, but it is probably going to cause trouble later.    

 In this book he is aiding Aleksertac in the protection of Sonia, even though he doesn't entirely agree with it.  However, one does not argue with a dragon like Aleksertac.  Percy keeps things light-hearted, but we get glimpses of his strength and his frustrations with Aleksertac, but also his loyalty.  Which I think makes him a fun and interesting guy.   I don't want to go into too much detail incase you haven't read this book yet.   I bring him up because even though he's not a main character, he is important to the story.  

No comments: