My Stories

I write adventures for those in search of a good story. My novels fall in the Fantasy genre, but many people consider them Sci-fi too. Each story is written with what I look for when I read a book: action, adventure, twists and turns, love, heroes, vicious enemies, fighting (weapons and hand to hand combat). I write because I want to share the stories that are inside of me. I hope you enjoy the adventures as much as I love writing them!

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Still writing! (As though stopping is an option.)

Okay so a large amount of time has passed yet again.  I am proud to say that it's because I have been lost in my writer's world.  I am aiming to have The Shadow Dragon book 3 published next summer and book 4 with in the next month or so.  Lots of work to be done there but not too much.  Plus, (like I've previously said) I already have the titles and cover ideas!   What am I doing now with the books? I am currently reading the printed manuscript for book three.  I've already re-read books 1 and 2 to make sure I am keeping everything straight - I even took notes.  There was only a page front and back and a half.  Pretty happy about that.

Story 13 is pretty much done, except it was brought to my attention (as though I forgot) that I can't publish it without the next book being close to done.  So I've started that.  The story really does need more.  The story doesn't leave you hanging, not really, but at the end you know there is definitely more to come.  So I am working on that.  I can't tell whether it will be a book 2 or I'll just add it to what I have.  Only time will tell.  Plus, I can't publish it because I do not have a title or cover idea, ugh.  (I know big surprise, right.)

I have also been working on Story 14, and that was going really well until I realized that I wrote a section wrong.  Gotta love when characters decide that the story you've written needs to be changed.  So, I printed off a manuscript to restructure it.  (This is when I want my "Ironman" computer.  You know where the elements are up in front of me, tangibly, and I can grab and move things around and throw the other stuff away).

With all that going on I ended up having to work on story 12 too because it kept waking me up in the middle of the night.  I am happy with the way that story is moving along too.  Turned out that I had tried to put an event to close to the beginning, so once I moved that the story has been moving smoothly.

It is so amazing to me how each world I create keeps itself straight in my mind.  I only have to read one sentence and everything becomes clear and my mind starts up right where I left off as though I had just been working on it.   I feel truly blessed!


No comments: