My Stories

I write adventures for those in search of a good story. My novels fall in the Fantasy genre, but many people consider them Sci-fi too. Each story is written with what I look for when I read a book: action, adventure, twists and turns, love, heroes, vicious enemies, fighting (weapons and hand to hand combat). I write because I want to share the stories that are inside of me. I hope you enjoy the adventures as much as I love writing them!

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Just ordered what I hope is the last proof for my first story to be published as an actual book: Solace: Uncharted Territory!  I am pleased with the cover, but I decided to read it again and found some errors that I couldn't ignore.  So I fixed them and I'm going to re-read it one more time just to appease my worrying self, and then it should be set to go.  I am also going to upload the revisions to the ebook as well.  I'm sorry that I did not see them when I originally published the story. 

Solace: Lost is still on target for the March ebook release.  I will eventually put this story into book form as well.  I hope by the end of the year to have all my books in book form, mostly because I want to put them on my shelf reserved for books I love to read.  I still fall in love with the characters when I read my own books just like the other books that are among my favorites.  Perhaps that's because I can't believe that the story was written by me.  You would think that with the amount of time I've put into reading and re-reading to get the story the way I want it that I wouldn't want to look at it ever again.  But it's just not the case, I love these stories.  I love the adventure, and the relationship that grows between the characters. 

My editors still have the next book that I will have a release countdown for.  I am really excited about this book.  I don't know what to tell you about it...  other than it took a life of its own after an idea I had while I was practicing Tai Chi.  It wasn't really a story idea, but here I am with a book that as of right now is 115,575words (again research says a novel is about 60,000words).   So, we'll see what happens after my editors get a look at it.

I have also finished the guts to an adult story, which means my kids will have to wait until they're 18.  If I decide to even publish it.  I have a friend who is going to take a look at it for me and make sure it isn't as bad as I'm afraid it is.  Not that I don't like it - the story is great, but maybe I shouldn't try to go into the adult playground - it is still in it's roughest form, none the less I've never written a bedroom scene.  Whatever possessed me to try, I have no idea.  So we will have to wait and see what happens with that. 

I guess that's covers my author news.  Life is a whirlwind right now and I'm just trying to keep up, keep smiling, and keep loving each and every blessing in my life. 

No comments: