My Stories

I write adventures for those in search of a good story. My novels fall in the Fantasy genre, but many people consider them Sci-fi too. Each story is written with what I look for when I read a book: action, adventure, twists and turns, love, heroes, vicious enemies, fighting (weapons and hand to hand combat). I write because I want to share the stories that are inside of me. I hope you enjoy the adventures as much as I love writing them!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A New Year

Last year I epublished four books.  A feat that I am quite proud of.  So what's in store for this year?   This year I already have one book with a release date, one with my editors, three that I'm preparing for soft cover, and six other stories in the works.  Will all six of those stories make it out this year?  I have no idea, but it would be cool if they did.  One of the stories is the third book to The Shadow Dragon series.  Another will not become an ebook because of the way I wrote it (fonts are limited in the ebook world) so to avoid confusion I'm going to keep it the way I wrote it and use the Print On Demand service. I have four all knew adventures that I am enjoying writing and are nearing completion.  According to my computer I have eleven stories in all and that does not include sequels.  Unfortunately my days lack enough time to write as much as I would like, so I do what I can  in my spare time and try to stay focused on writing adventures that people will enjoy reading as much as I do writing it. 

As of recently I've been recieving emails from people telling me how much they have enjoyed one of my books.  I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate those emails.  Writing in itself fulfills so much in my life, but to know that my stories are keeping people entertained is far beyond what I could have expected.  For those of you who have been reading my blogs or know me, you know that taking the step to put my first book out there was a giant step for me, and I really didn't expect much (but I did hoped that others would read it).  Starting my first book was just going to be journaling a dream I had, but then it took a life of its own and I ended up with two books (Taken).  Once I started book two, I began another story that I worked on at the same time (this is the book that will go straight to soft cover), and from there I haven't been able to stop writing.  I am always in awe that I have been able to put together these stories.  When I read them, I honestly cannot believe that I wrote them and I thank the Lord for blessing me with the courage to try and the talent to continue. 

So for the new year, I hope that this blessing of writing continues to flow.  I hope that I will compete the stories I've started and begin new stories for all to enjoy.  I hope that my children will continue to be proud of what I have accomplished, and learn to never give up on their dreams.

1 comment:

Donna Olzak said...

Amanda, You are an inspiration to us all...reminding us that we should have dreams and go after them even when we are a bit afraid. I love reading your books and feel lucky to know you. Keep writing and following your dream. Many Blessings in 2013! Donna