My Stories

I write adventures for those in search of a good story. My novels fall in the Fantasy genre, but many people consider them Sci-fi too. Each story is written with what I look for when I read a book: action, adventure, twists and turns, love, heroes, vicious enemies, fighting (weapons and hand to hand combat). I write because I want to share the stories that are inside of me. I hope you enjoy the adventures as much as I love writing them!

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Working hard to get my books done.  After trouble with my printer, I was able to get it up and running again (took me a couple of days to decide that best plan of action was to remove it and re-install it - I had to remember where I put the disc).  I have printed off my adult book  to send to a couple of people to see if it's been worth my time.  I've also finished story 11 - yea, they both are in need of titles.  I think I'm going to do one more read through on Story 11.  I changed the ending because as I was fixing my revision on my computer I realized it was not a good ending and there were a lot of unanswered questions, leaving me a little frustrated.  Luckily I woke the other morning with a better ending.  Yeah!!   I've also started a new story.  Right now it's more just a lot of ideas... a little different process than usual, so I'm curious to see how it works out. 

As of right now I've published stories: 1, 5, 6, 8 is at copyright, 9 is going to a couple of people, and 11 is almost ready for my editors.    So what about all the missing stories.  Okay well 2 is actually book 3 of Taken.  I've only written about 10,000 words for that one.  Story 3 is my longest written story and isn't finished (because I will not be able to Ebook it since I haven't found a way to work with a third font style that doesn't leave the reader confused.  I had put it on the back burner since at the time I hadn't decided to publish paperback) but I am very excited to get back to this story, Story 4 was almost done when my computer decided to erase most of it, I about cried.  I was able to scavenge a chunk of it, so I've been working on it a little bit here and there until I get frustrated with what had happened, Story 7 is only about 10,000 words and hasn't taken on a life of it's own yet.  Story 9 I really like, but just haven't had the time to keep working on it.  Story 12 is also waiting for my time, and Story 13 is my latest endeavor, lots of idea but not much of a story...yet!    I am also working on The Shadow Dragon (book 3). 

So what do I do with my spare time, or not so spare time, I write.  I write because I love it, because I know that people love to read a good story.  I write because I want my children to never forget how important it is to see outside the box, to believe that anything is possible.  I write because one day I woke up and realized that I had lost my dream, and now I get to share with people everywhere, people who yearn for adventure, who want to get lost in someone else's world for a little bit.    In just over 2 months Not Human will be released.   I will have published 4 stories (7 books) since October of 2011.  I have already done more than I thought possible, and I am truly blessed to be able to continue!

No comments: